Are you considering installing a solar system in your home? With so many solar companies to choose from, it can be overwhelming to know where to start. Here are our top 10 tips for choosing a solar company that meets your needs and budget.
- Look for a Clean Energy Council (CEC) accredited company. The Clean Energy Council is the peak body representing Australia’s clean energy sector. A solar company that is CEC accredited means they have the necessary qualifications and experience to design and install solar systems.
- Research the company’s reputation. Look for reviews and testimonials from previous customers to see what their experience was like, and whether they would recommend the company to others. A company with a good reputation is more likely to provide quality products and services.
- Check the company’s licensing and insurance. Make sure the solar company holds a QBCC (Queensland Building and Construction Commission) license for electrical work, and is insured for public liability. This will protect you from any issues that may arise during the installation process.
- Ask about the quality of products. Make sure the solar company uses quality products that come with a long warranty. Look for reputable brands of solar panels and inverters, and ask about the expected lifespan of the products.
- Get multiple quotes. Get quotes from at least three different solar companies to compare prices and services. This will help you determine the fair and reasonable price for your solar system.
- Consider financing options. Ask the solar company about financing options, such as payment plans or loans, that can help you spread the cost of the solar system over a longer period of time.
- Ask about after-sales service and maintenance. Choose a solar company that provides ongoing support and maintenance for your solar system. Ask about the company’s after-sales service, such as regular maintenance checks and warranty repairs.
- Look for a local company. Choosing a local solar company can provide several benefits, including faster response times and a better understanding of the local climate and energy requirements.
- Check the company’s experience. Choose a solar company with many years of experience in the industry. A company with experience will have the knowledge and expertise to provide quality services and products.
- Consider the company’s customer service. Choose a solar company that provides excellent customer service, from the initial consultation to the installation and ongoing maintenance of the solar system. The company should be responsive to your questions and concerns, and should provide clear and transparent communication throughout the process.
By considering these tips when choosing a solar company, you can ensure that you receive quality products and services that meet your needs and budget. A reputable solar company will help you navigate the process of choosing and installing a solar system, and will provide ongoing support and maintenance to ensure that your system operates at its best for many years to come.