With its abundant sunshine and supportive government policies, Queensland is an ideal location for businesses to adopt solar energy. Commercial solar systems can help businesses reduce their energy costs, improve their environmental footprint, and increase their property value. In this blog post, we’ll explore the key features and benefits of commercial solar systems in Queensland, as well as some examples of successful installations.
Key Features of Commercial Solar Systems
- High Efficiency Commercial solar systems are designed to be highly efficient, with high-performance solar panels that can generate a significant amount of electricity. This can help businesses reduce their energy costs and improve their bottom line.
- Scalability Commercial solar systems can be tailored to meet the specific energy needs of a business, whether it’s a small shop or a large industrial facility. They can also be easily expanded or modified to accommodate future growth or changes in energy requirements.
- Durability Commercial solar systems are built to withstand the harsh Australian climate, including extreme heat, wind, and rain. They are designed to last for decades, with minimal maintenance requirements.
- Monitoring and Analytics Commercial solar systems often come with monitoring and analytics tools that allow businesses to track their energy production, consumption, and savings in real-time. This data can help businesses optimize their energy usage and identify areas for improvement.
Pros of Commercial Solar Systems
- Reduced Energy Costs Commercial solar systems can help businesses significantly reduce their energy costs, with some businesses reporting savings of up to 70% on their electricity bills.
- Environmental Responsibility Solar energy is a clean and renewable source of energy that helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions. By installing a commercial solar system, businesses can demonstrate their commitment to environmental responsibility.
- Increased Property Value Commercial properties with solar systems installed have been shown to increase in value, as potential buyers are attracted to properties that have reduced energy costs and demonstrate environmental responsibility.
- Government Incentives The Queensland Government offers incentives to businesses that install solar systems, including the Solar for Business Program, which provides grants of up to $3,500 for eligible businesses.
Examples of Successful Commercial Solar Installations in Queensland
- IKEA North Lakes
The IKEA store in North Lakes, Queensland, has installed a 1.5 MW commercial solar system, which generates approximately 2.3 million kWh of electricity per year. This system covers 60% of the store’s energy needs, resulting in significant cost savings and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
- Toowoomba City Aerodrome
The Toowoomba City Aerodrome in Queensland has installed a 210 kW commercial solar system, which generates approximately 292,000 kWh of electricity per year. This system covers 80% of the aerodrome’s energy needs, resulting in significant cost savings and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
- Hastings Deering
Hastings Deering, a mining and construction equipment supplier in Queensland, has installed a 2 MW commercial solar system, which generates approximately 3.2 million kWh of electricity per year. This system covers 90% of the company’s energy needs, resulting in significant cost savings and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
Commercial solar systems offer businesses in Queensland a wide range of benefits, including reduced energy costs, environmental responsibility, increased property value, and government incentives. With high efficiency, scalability, durability, and monitoring tools, commercial solar systems are an attractive investment for businesses of all sizes. The examples of successful commercial solar installations in Queensland demonstrate the significant cost savings and environmental benefits that businesses can achieve by adopting solar energy.